I'm emailing to let you know that the junior class will be taking the ASVAB on the morning of February 9th. I want to tell you a little bit about it and how it can be useful in planning for the future.
1) When the ASVAB is administered at a school, the school has the ability to choose how (or if) those scores are shared. Your ASVAB scores will only be released to you. We do not report your scores out to branches of the military or any other organization. You will have control over access to your test scores.
2) The ASVAB will be taken online, using your Chromebooks.
3) Many of you are thinking through options for college and career ideas. The ASVAB provides a unique way to identify your areas of interests and strengths. It's a nice piece to add to your planning.
4) Taking the ASVAB provides you with an opportunity to get more experience taking exams and can be a useful way to help prepare you for the ACT testing experience.
5) There is no cost to you to take the ASVAB.
If you have questions or concerns, please stop by my office or send an email.